Open Market Consultation [Phase 0]
The Open Market Consultation (OMC) represents aims at actively approaching the market to find out about the state of the art, as well as about future developments. Successful procurement requires involving the technology companies and consortia from early on. This is achieved by a series of workshops and webinars and a questionnaire open to suppliers and potential future procurers of the solution to refine the tender specifications.
What is OMC for?
procuRE is carrying out an Open Market Consultation in the form of a series of events which aim to:
inform potential suppliers (industry) about the procuRE pre-commercial procurement opportunities
explain in detail the pre-commercial procurement process
open a dialogue with potential suppliers about the scope of procurement envisaged in the project (incl. technical specifications)
facilitate matchmaking among potential suppliers in need of support in the building of consortia capable of addressing the needs of the procuRE procurers in full
In order to receive quality proposals, the consortium aims to maximise the market outreach for players in the renewables, architects, planners, developers, engineering consulting, building technology, ESCOs, utilities, BIM-BEMS and IT industry and other relevant ones, such as energy service providers, component manufacturers, etc.
Additionally, other procures with the ambition to upgrade their building stock to 100%-RES standard are invited to contribute and shape the solution.
OMC WOrkshops and webinars
Open market consultation will take the form of a series of meetings:
- 6 on the premises (or online depending on COVID-19 restrictions) of each procurer in the period of 15 March – 15 May 2021 (held in part in local language), and
- two international online meetings in English.
Expected results and outputs
On the basis of the results of the OMC events and the OMC questionnaire the Buyers Group will determine and fine-tune the scope of the Request for Tenders and the evaluation criteria for the pre-commercial procurement.
Goals of the OMC
- To conduct a detailed needs analysis of the Buyers Group (the six partner procurers)
- To map companies capable of submitting responses to the tender
- To get a better understanding of the state-of-the-art and future developments in order to develop a call for proposals with the optimal scope
- To gain a broad understanding of all relevant and available users, stakeholders, technologies and possible solutions in the marketplace
- To consult with the potential suppliers the validity of the challenge and its specifications, as well as to gather feedback on the feasibility of response
- To identify the most critical success factors, barriers and enablers to be considered
- To identify remaining gaps and challenges and where R&D is still required
- To inform the market and attract suitable stakeholders, particularly suppliers, but also other (future) procurers
In order to gain this knowledge, organisations related to procuRE including possible suppliers as well as future procurers will be invited to fill in an online questionnaire. After the deadline, surveys will be analysed to finalise the tender design.
The link will be published and announced on website and other channels.