On 9 September, procuRE organised a webinar within the 2022 Sustainable Energy Days with the title “Cities procuRE Replicable Approaches to Reach 100% RES on-site and Become Energy Self-sufficient”.
The joint energy and climate crisis highlights the role buildings play to decrease European energy dependency and CO2-output. A short-term option is to rapidly upgrade – repower – larger buildings to become self-sufficient on renewable energy generated on-site. procuRE develops replicable Renovation Approaches and Co-Design procedures to enable cities to roll-out the measure fast.
This event presented current results of the project, the selected approaches to tackle the challenge of upgrading existing buildings to use 100% RES and the innovative funding instrument Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP). Procurers, suppliers, and preferred partner cities discussed the challenges and struggles on the way to building renovation, what solutions can be used to quickly upgrade buildings to become self-sufficient on renewable energy generated on-site, and how other cities can make use of the project’s results by becoming preferred partner cities.
- Welcome and Introduction
- The common challenge explained
- 3 Suppliers pitch their renovation approaches + Q&A
- Panel discussion led by questions from the audience
- Niko Natek (KSSENA, Lead Procurer)
- Güliz Yaman (Antalya Municipality, Follower City)
- Juan Ochagavía Gómez (SENER, CLARITY – Supplier Consortium)
- Nerea Aranda (R2M, PARadISE – Supplier Consortium)
- Javier Ray (Defcon8, SEBR – Supplier Consortium)
- Georg Vogt (empirica, PCP expert)
00:00 Welcome and Introduction
04:54 The common challenge
14:01 3 Suppliers pitch their renovation approaches
44:00 Panel discussion